Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Real people, real comments, real experiences
- What are SumoSprings?
- Do I really need SumoSprings?
- What’s wrong with my “stock” suspension?
- Are SumoSprings compatible with my original equipment?
- What benefits can I expect from SumoSprings?
- How long will SumoSprings last?
- What is the difference between SumoSprings’ colors?
- What color SumoSprings are best for my Travato?
- When should I specify what color SumoSprings I want?
- What are Coil SumoSprings?
- Do I really need Coil SumoSprings?
- What benefits can I expect from Coil SumoSprings?
- Can I use only SumoSprings Rear, without Coil SumoSprings?
- Where can I purchase SumoSprings?
- What is the difference between purchasing direct from SuperSprings or through a Dealer/Installer?
- Is there a Travato Owners discount?
- How do I use the coupon code?
- How are SumoSprings Rear kits installed?
- Can I install SumoSprings by myself?
- How are Coil SumoSprings installed?
- Can I install Coil SumoSprings myself?
- Are any special tools required to install SumoSprings or Coil SumoSprings?
- Can I install SumoSprings on a used Travato?
- Where can I get SumoSprings installed by an installer?
- What should I pay for SumoSprings installation?
- My shop has never worked with SumoSprings before, and are quoting $250 an hour for labor. Is that excessive? Can SuperSprings help them with Technical Support?
- Do SumoSprings come with a warranty?
- Are self-installed SumoSprings covered under the warranty, or do they need to be professionally installed?
- Will installing SumoSprings void my Travato’s warranties?
- Buy your SumoSprings and Coil SumoSprings
- Have you used SumoSprings? We would love to hear from you.
Introduction by Travato Owners
Real people, real comments, real experiences
Here's what Travato owners had to say
I can say that the ride is very stable, predictable and seems smoother. I notice no side-to-side 'swash' when on uneven roadways or entering parking lot incline / decline ramps. Definitely worth it in my humble opinion.
Don’t they make an amazing difference? We have the yellows and have been very impressed!
First wow moment was pulling out onto the highway through a bump/drop in their driveway. This is definitely a good thing!
I have one word for all of you "T" owners and wannabees and it is ‘smooth’ what the ride feels like with the SumoSprings installed!
Yay! We love our SumoSprings, the best mod we’ve done. Those of us who live east of the Mississippi, with roads notoriously full of pot holes, really appreciate them!
Installed SuperSprings’ SumoSprings suspension modifications front & rear, and it now rides & handles like a Travato SE, sports edition. A lot of bang for the buck IMHO.
Sure feels like the SumoSprings make a difference in handling!
Q: Does it make the steering feel more stable? Around corners?
Yes. Can take them at higher speeds too.
Yeah, Sally is more like a sports car now!
For more than 20 years, SuperSprings has designed, developed, patented, and introduced numerous innovative suspension solutions. All SuperSprings products are proudly manufactured in the U.S.A., including SumoSprings, the world’s first and only airless airbag.
Top 5 Benefits SumoSprings
Superior damping properties
Reduces sway and increases stability
Fit it and forget it
No leaks, ever
Progressive spring rate helps level varying loads
What are SumoSprings?
Do I really need SumoSprings?
What’s wrong with my “stock” suspension?
Are SumoSprings compatible with my original equipment?
What benefits can I expect from SumoSprings?
How long will SumoSprings last?
The different SumoSprings colors identify their density. SumoSprings come in three different densities: -40, -47, and -54. Blue SumoSprings are -40, black SumoSprings are -47, and yellow SumoSprings are -54. Blue -40 density captures more air in the millions of micro-cellular bubbles, creating an air spring suitable for light and medium duty applications. Black -47 density balances the amount of urethane and air bubbles to create an air spring suitable for light, medium, and heavy-duty applications. Yellow -54 density traps a smaller amount of air in the air spaces creating a firmer and more dense air spring suitable for medium and heavy-duty applications.
1000 (lb) Capacity
at 50% Compression
1500 (lb) Capacity
at 50% Compression
2800 (lb) Capacity
at 50% Compression
What is the difference between SumoSprings’ colors?
What color SumoSprings are best for my Travato?
When should I specify what color SumoSprings I want?
Front? Rear? Both?
Installing SumoSprings on all four corners is highly recommended. Suspension is holistic; both front and rear-ends working together. Front suspension is just as critical as rear suspension. Rear SumoSprings standalone make a great difference (specifically for Travatos), but additional improvement and an increase in safety is achieved by stabilizing the front coil springs. SuperSprings manufactures Coil SumoSprings for the Travato’s front suspension, designed to enhance the coil spring. Coil SumoSprings do not interfere with or change anything mechanically with steering or other critical components.
Complete Suspension Solution
Built on Ram ProMaster® 3500 chassis
Front | CSS-1195
Coil capacity increased by 15% to 30%
Rear | SSR-313-54
2800 (lb) capacity at 50% compression
What are Coil SumoSprings?
Do I really need Coil SumoSprings?
What benefits can I expect from Coil SumoSprings?
Can I use only SumoSprings Rear, without Coil SumoSprings?
You could – absolutely – yes. However, should you? SumoSprings Rear, especially on the Travato, make such a substantial improvement, the front suspension is often overlooked. That said, we highly recommend front suspension enhancements when someone has enhanced the rear suspension. Suspension is holistic, with both front and rear ends working together. I like this analogy:
Imagine a brick; a plain old red brick. Place that brick on ballpoint pen springs, the little springs inside of a “click” pen. The brick is unsteady, right? It sways! Now, replace two of those springs with solid wood or steel, something stiff. The brick still sways! Now, replace all the springs with steel or wood, and the brick is fully supported.
Obviously, we are supporting your Travato’s suspension, not replacing it or making it stiffer, but the holistic analogy is true. If you have a reason for enhancing your suspension – if you have made a want into a need – improving only the rear is shortchanging the overall improvement to your Travato.
Where can I purchase SumoSprings?
What is the difference between purchasing direct from SuperSprings or through a Dealer/Installer?
Is there a Travato Owners discount?
How do I use the code?
Travato Owners use code “TRAVATO” to save 10% at checkout
Find local authorized resellers or buy directly from the factory at SuperSprings.com
How are SumoSprings Rear kits installed?
Can I install SumoSprings by myself?
How are Coil SumoSprings installed?
Can I install Coil SumoSprings myself?
Are any special tools required to install SumoSprings or Coil SumoSprings?
Can I install SumoSprings on a used Travato?
What should I pay for SumoSprings installation?
- Front - 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Rear - 30 minutes to 2 hours.
My shop has never worked with SumoSprings before, and are quoting $250 an hour for labor. Is that excessive? Can SuperSprings help them with Technical Support?
Install with the larger wings pointed down
Coil SumoSprings Fully Installed
Do SumoSprings come with a warranty?
Are self-installed SumoSprings covered under the warranty, or do they need to be professionally installed?
Will installing SumoSprings void my Travato’s warranties?
Q: Will using ‘aftermarket’ or recycled parts void my warranty?
Buy your SumoSprings and Coil SumoSprings
Ready to boost your Travato's suspension? Click on the links below to buy your own set of SumoSprings and Coil SumoSprings. Don't forget to apply code TRAVATO at checkout to save 10% on your order.
Rear | SSR-313-54
Front | CSS-1195
Have you used SumoSprings?
We would love to hear from you.
Reviews help us to not only improve our products and services but also to let others know that we are committed to our customers. Please take a moment of your time to jot down a few notes about your experience with SumoSprings.
Click on the Reviews tab from the product page to submit and read reviews.